Wednesday 11 December 2013

" CASUALTY" 1997 - Credited Part

On 11th December 1997, I arrived at the BBC Studios in Bristol to be in episode 23 of the 12th series of the Medical Drama Casualty.
My first episode as a supporting artiste had been on 5th April 1988 and now , after appearing in 36 more episodes over 9 years, I was given my first credited role in the series.
I first appear as the opening credits are rolling, and am introducing two women boxers into the ring.
(In the late 1990's women boxing was a controversial issue but today it is acceptable to the governing body of the sport.)
Later in the episode, the action returns back to the scene where one of the women boxers is getting a severe beating and a few illegal punches are being thrown. The outcome of that boxing match then results in the boxers being taken to Holby City Hospital for one of them to receive treatment.
This episode 23 was screened on 7th February 1998 and is my only entry to date on IMDb, where a click on to Bobby Civil IMDb and a further click on to " click onto full credits) will show my name at the bottom of the cast list.
It has now been 16 years since that event, and I have been in quite a few more minor roles including being a Security Guard, a Press Reporter a Pawnbroker and a New Year Party-goer.

No comments:

Post a Comment