Thursday 19 December 2013

" The Guilty " 1991 - " Crimewatch File " 1993

On 19th December 1991, I arrived at the Central TV Studios in Lenton Lane Nottingham to be in a TV Film " The Guilty " starring Michael Kitchen.
Nikki Lennon ( Caroline Katz ) is raped by her boss Steven Vey ( Michael Kitchen)
Steven is up for a job as a Judge. Nikki tells Steven to resign or she will tell everyone about the rape.
Steven contacts his illegitimate son and pays him £5,000 to murder Nikki.
Complications arise which result in Steven getting into trouble with the Lord Chancellor.
On 19th December 1993, I was at the Pebble Mill Studios in Birmingham to be in a " Crimewatch File" for the BBC.
The scene was a Tribunal about the boss of a company mis-treating one of his work staff.
I was a " wing member " ( one of two magistrates that sit either side of the chairman of the bench).
The scene was shot in one of the studios in the sound department close to where the " Archers " used to be recorded.
One of the directors asked if I had ever served as a magistrate, because I was acting as if I knew what I was doing. I did not inform him that I had been under consideration some years earlier as a candidate to be appointed to the bench, but I eventually declined that opportunity.
I therefore left the director thinking that I was a better actor than I actually was.

No comments:

Post a Comment