Tuesday 18 March 2014

" ANNIE'S BAR " 1996 - " EMMERDALE " 2002

On 18th March 1996, I was at the Television studios in Teddington for my first day of two in an episode of
" Annie's Bar " , a   TV drama series of ten, 30 minute, episodes about the misadventures of a newly elected  Conservative Member of Parliament at Westminster.
The series starred Dominic West and Larry Lamb and was screened later on that same evening, in order to include the actual events that occured in the House of Commons on that same day.
I was in 7 episodes out of the 10, mostly filmed at Teddington, but also near Reading in a former hospital where the corridors looked very similar to Westminster.
At the time of filming in 1996 I had been a Borough Councillor from 1991 to 1995 at Kettering Borough Council but had never been to visit Westminster.
 I became a Borough Councillor again in 1999 and became the Mayor in 2001 when I did get invited to the House of Commons and spent a very enjoyable day in those magnificent buildings.
On the same date in 2002, I was in Leeds for my 38th day in an episode of " Emmerdale ".
My first day on "Emmerdale " was on 14th June 1993, and later this week, I will be on location in Leeds for my 97th day on that series.

No comments:

Post a Comment