Wednesday 12 March 2014

" EMMERDALE " 2001 & 2002

On 12th March 2001 I was again in Leeds for my 34th episode of  " Emmerdale " and by the same date in 2002 I was again at the Yorkshire TV studios for my 38th episode.
In 2001 I was in 4 episodes and also in 2002 a further 4 episodes.
It was during these 2 years that I had become the Deputy Mayor of the Borough of Kettering and the following year The Mayor.
 During my Mayoral year, when I was in Leeds for one of those episodes of " Emmerdale " that I noticed that Christopher Chittel, who plays Eric Pollard, and at that time his character was the Mayor of Hotton, was wearing a tri-corn hat as part of his Mayoral robes.
I asked him why he was not wearing a two pointed hat , because a tri-corn hat is only worn by a Lady Mayor ( A Lady Mayor is not referred to as Lady Mayoress , but Mr. Mayor or Madame Mayor).
He asked me how I knew this to be correct and I told him that I was the Mayor of Kettering.
Christopher immediately went to the costume department and mentioned this fact to them. I never saw him wearing that tri-corn hat again, nor any alternative ceremonial hat while his character continued to be the Mayor of Hotton in his year of office.


No comments:

Post a Comment