Monday 3 March 2014

" HEARTBEAT " 1996

On 3rd March 1996, I was in Leeds to be in my third episode of " Heartbeat ".
Between 5th March 1995 and 19th October 1999, I was in 9 episodes, at least one episode every year in that 5 year term. My early scenes were filmed in a disused hospital in Otley, others were filmed in a studio in Farsley and when I played the part of a Magistrate it was filmed in an old courthouse next to Ripon Cathedral.
" Heartbeat " was a British Police drama series set in 1960's North Riding of Yorkshire and broadcast on ITV in 18 series between 1992 and 2010. Made by ITV at their Leeds studios and on locations near Whitby on the North York Moors. The fictional village of Aidensfield was filmed in Goathland.
The series originally starred Nick Berry in the lead role and later by Jason Durr. It also starred Derek Fowldes and Bill Maynard ( who had originally given me the contacts to enable me to be in the series).
Later in the series Geoffrey Hughes too over the comedy rogue part and later still introduced Gwen Taylor into "Heartbeat ", after Bill and Geoffrey had left the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment