Saturday 22 March 2014

" KINSEY " 1992

On 22nd March 1992, I was on location in Corporation Street, Birmingham for an episode of " Kinsey ".
This was my second day on this series, my first had been on 17th October 1990, when I was also on location in Corporation Street, opposite the Courts of Justice.
This second day we were filming in a Public House, and I asked Leigh Lawson if he was pleased to be filming a second series, two years after the first one. He asked me what I did in my previous episode and I told him that I was only playing a "passer by " as he walked into the Law Courts.
This second day in 1992 involved him walking into the Public House and someone planting some drugs in his pocket. The Director was not happy with the action and suggested that Kinsey should recognise someone in the bar to suggest to the television viewer that regulars recognised him as a regular also.
This was after we had spoken earlier and he had asked me what my name was. Leigh suggested to the Director that, as he entered the pub he looked at me and said " Hi Bob " and I responded with " Hello Kinsey ". The director agreed and told me to remember to call him Kinsey and not Leigh.
I was made up to 'Walk on 2' ,which was a higher fee, and I thanked Leigh for recommending me for that involvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment