Wednesday 20 November 2013

" BORN & BRED " 2002

On 20th November 2002, I arrived at Bray Studios near Windsor on a very foggy morning for my second episode of " Born & Bred ". My first involvement had been on 16th August on location in Wycombe.
" Born and Bred " was a light-hearted British Drama aired by BBC One from 2002 to 2005. I starred James Bolam as Arthur Guilder as a doctor and Michael French as his son Tom Gilder, also a doctor. Together they ran a cottage hospital in Ormston, a fictional Lancashire village in the 1950's.
Bolam and French's characters were later replaced by Richard Wilson ( One Foot in the Grave) and Oliver Milburn.
The exterior shots were filmed in Lancashire and the internal ones at Bray Studios.
I was in the first six episodes and all my scenes, except the first, were shot in Bray.
During 2003, I was involved in a further 11 days filming , playing the part of one of the villagers, usually in a pub scene or at other events which occured in various locations within those first 6 episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment