Thursday 7 November 2013

" LOCK STOCK AND FOUR STOLEN HOOVES " 1999

On the 8th November 1999, I arrived at Fontwell Park Racecourse in West Sussex for an episode of  "Lock Stock & Four stolen hooves". It was episode 20 of a TV series which was a spin-off from the film "Lock Stock and two smoking barrels ". I was there for two days of filming and on the first day I was playing the part of a racegoer and my first scene involved me looking around the fairground at the rear of the Grandstand. My second scene was amongst a disturbance in the Grandstand where a group of travellers disrupted the paying customers. The leader of the group, Uncle  Derek, was played by Nick Brimble and his brother, Ian Brimble, played Uncle Brian. Lorraine Chase played Barbie and Bradley Walsh also played a small part in that episode.
As I was to be involved in two more scenes the following day and I was 180 miles from home plus my call time was 8 am., I booked into an hotel in nearby Bognor Regis.
This first day had not been a real race day and we were moved around the Grandstand for various shots so that the stand appeared full on the screen. The following day was a real race day and I will go into more detail tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment