Friday 8 November 2013

" LOCK STOCK AND FOUR STOLEN HOOVES" 1999 - day two

Yesterday, I mentioned my first day of filing " Lock Stock and Four Stolen Hooves" at Fontwell Park.
Following a night in a hotel in Bognor Regis, I arrive back at the Racecourse for my second day of filming on that episode.
Our main scene on this day, 10th November 1999, involved a fight scene featuring Nick Brimble who played Uncle Derek and a group of travelling showmen, inlcuding his brother Ian Brimble playing Uncle Brian, which ended up with a violent punch which put one of the characters on the floor. Nick and Ian had been made up by the make-up department to look really convincing as thugs and they were so good that I was convinced that they were genuine rather than acting.
The next scenes were filmed nearer to the Race track and this second day was a genuine race meeting at Fontwell Park. One of the jockeys was Tony McCoy an the first two of his three mounts on that day were unplaced. I thought that he must have been there for a certain race and I passed a comment to a fellow actor that I would like to bet that he was there to win the last race of the day. I did not manage to get a bet on that horse and Tony rode it to victory by quite a few lengths. By the time that I got home later that day I had travelled 357 miles to be in that episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment