Monday 11 November 2013

" EMMERDALE " 1998

Yesterday was a reflection on my 60th day on " Emmerdale ".
15 years ago, this was my 15th day on that serial. I remember being in the canteen, which was used by us as a green room, just before 11 a.m. on that morning and an announcement came over the tannoy that precisely on the hour, the studio would be observing one minutes silence. Then on the 11th hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month we all observed the one minute silence in memory of all servicemen and women who had lost their lives in all wars since 1914. It has been the only day in the past 28 years that I have been filming on the actual Remembrance Day and I recall it as being a very impressed that the studio had observed the occasion.
Today, I should have been on location in Yorkshire for a scene in episode 1 of a new 7 episode costume drama. I drove up to the location last Friday, to be fitted with my costume and my hair re-styled to look as it  would have been at that moment in history. I now look forward to whenever I am called in for that filming day.

No comments:

Post a Comment