Thursday 30 January 2014

" HEARTBEAT " 1997 - " DALZIEL & PASCOE " 2003

On 30th January 1997 I was in Leeds to be in  my 4th episode of " Heartbeat ". From 5th March 1995 to 19th October 1999, I appeared in 9 episodes of " Heartbeat ". None of them were filmed in or near Goathland on the North York Moors, which was called Aidensfield in the series. Most of them were filmed in an unused Hospital in Otley near Leeds when I played a patient in a hospital ward along with Bill Maynard as Greengrass and Derek Fowldes as Oscar the police sergeant. Other scenes were filmed in a converted mill in Farsley, where interior scenes of the Aidensfield Arms were filmed.
My best part was as a magistrate, which was filmed in an old court house alongside Ripon Cathedral, in scenes that included Sylvia Sims, famous for her roles in major films including " Ice Cold in Alex ".

Four years later, in 2003, I was on location in Harborne, Birmingham, to be in my 13th episode of
" Dalziel & Pascoe " starring Warren Clarke and Colin Buchanan. My first episode had been on 27th August 1996 and my final episode was on 8th July 2004, during which time I had appeared in 14 episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment