Sunday 26 January 2014

" SCREAMING " 1992 - " THE BILL " 1993 & 1994 - "ANNIE'S BAR " 1996

On 26th January 1992, I was in a street in Hereford to be in a scene in " SCREAMING ", a BBC drama written by Carla Lane about three middle-aged women who share a friendship, none of them knowing that they also share the same man.
It starred Gwen Taylor, Penelope Wilton, Jill Baker and Anthony Barclay.
The 8 episode series was screened later in that year 1992.
On this same date the following year I was in South London to be in my 6th episode of the police drama
" The Bill ", also on this date the following year of 1994, I was at the same studios to be in my 7th episode and also later that same year for my 8th.
Two years later on this same date in 1996, I was at the Television centre in Teddington to be in my first episode of " Annie's Bar " , a political soap - shot only hours before transmission time to enable the scenes to contain up to the minute political issues.
I was playing the part of a Member of Parliament and on this episode we were joined by the real Member of Parliament for Grimsby - Austin Mitchell. He walked alon in front of those of us sitting on the front benches and commented on how authentic we all looked. A previous episode had included Edwina Currie.
I was later involved in a further two episodes filmed in February of that year and a further location shot in Henley in March 1996.
The studio at Teddington contained a mock up of the House of Commons and really looked like the real thing. " Annie's Bar "  was set in and around Annie's Bar - the legendary watering hole and gossip shop in the House of Commons.The series containde 10 episodes and was screened in 1996.

No comments:

Post a Comment