Sunday 8 September 2013

"ANIMAL ARK" 1997

On 9th September 1997 I had arrived at Frampton-on-Severn in Gloucestershire to be in a scene in "Animal Ark", a Television series based on a popular book series by Lucy Daniels about a veterinary surgeon's daughter and her friend who rescue animals in their village .
Frampton-on-Severn was very close to The Wildfowl Trust in Slimbridge which had been set up by Sir Peter Scott and my journey to that location had taken me through the beautiful Cotswold Hills in the early morning of that day as the dawn began to break and the mist was hovering over the hills in an early autumn serenity.
The parts of the daughter and her friend were played by Karianne Henderson and James Simmons and the scene I was involved with was filmed on the village green of that pretty Gloucestershire village.
Tomorrow, I reflect on the first of a three day run on "House of Elliott" in 1991, my only episode on the comedy series "The Brittas Empire" in 1996 and a day on the set of "Judge John Deed " in 2001 with Martin Shaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment