Wednesday 18 September 2013

"VOTE FOR THEM" 1988- "CASUALTY" 1994- "BORN & BRED" 2003

On 19th September 1988, I arrived at Bridgenorth, a railway station on the Severn Valley Railway, for an episode of " Vote for them". It was a three part drama series from BBC Pebble Mill set amongst Allied troops in Cairo during the 2nd World War who consider what sort of world they want after the war and form "parties" holding debates and elections. I was in a scene on the station platform made to look like a 2nd world war station with an authentic steam train and coaches. My second scene in that programme was to be filmed in the studios at Pebble Mill, Birmingham one month later on October 23rd.
The three episodes were screened on 2nd,9th and 16th June 1989.
On 19th September 1994, I was in Bristol for my first day of two in an episode of "Casualty".
On multiple days of filming, I would always book into accommodation for a night or two in order to reduce the car travelling to and from the studio and home, which would otherwise commence around 4.30am and conclude with my return at 10.30pm.
On 19th September 2003, I was at Bray Studios near Windsor to be in my 11th and final day of filming in "Born & Bred", the comedy series was actually set in Lancashire and was about a Family Doctor's Practice run by a Father and Son played by James Bolam and Michael French. It centred around that family and the cast also included Maggie Steed, Clive Swift and John Henman. It also centred around a Station Master's house and his daughter, the station master was played by John Henman.
I was in 6 episodes of that series, which ran from 2002 to 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment