Monday 30 September 2013

"CASUALTY" 1991 - "RUMBLE" 1994 - "PEAK PRACTICE" 1995

On 30th September 1991, I arrived at a disused airfield near Swindon for an episode of "Casualty".
Our scene was filmed inside an aircraft and we were passenger on the plane that was about to crash onto a motorway. This was my first day of four on this episode, other days were filmed at Bristol Airport during the night when the airport was closed to passengers. Part of a runway that was not used was made to look like a motorway and the nose of the plane was embedded inside the embankment of that motorway. I will describe this scene later this month, It was very interesting being in that part of an exciting episode.
On this same date in 1994, I was in a Leisure Centre in Maidenhead to be in a Comedy drama about Wrestling called " Rumble". I was playing the part of the Timekeeper and sitting next to the Actor playing the part of the Compere. The Actor was the very talented Brian Glover, the former Wrestler/Teacher who had starred in the popular film of it's day "Kes", as the football mad teacher who thought he was Bobby Charlton.
This was the first day of two on that episode and I was to return to Maidenhead in November to finish the scene. Famous Wrestlers in that episode involved Jackie Pallo a very prominent Wrestler on  television in those days. I saw that Brian Glover was writing quite a lot that day and I asked him if he was writing another script. "No", he said, " I write for the Yorkshire Post, I get paid well for that".
The actress who played the part of the Wrestler's manager was Leslie Joseph who starred in "Birds of A Feather".
On 30th September 1995, I was in Nottingham to be in an episode of "Peak Practice". It was my first day of two on that programme, I drove home that night and returned the following day to Belper to film the final part of the scenes in that episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment