Wednesday 25 September 2013

"CASUALTY" - 1994 - 5th day as Christmas Tree Fancy Dress Character

Today I would like to welcome all my new Page-viewers from Indonesia. Are you able to receive all the TV programmes that I have been  writing about so far ? Which are your favourites?
On 27th September 1994, I was in Bristol once again for my fifth day of filming in my Christmas Tree fancy dress costume. As I put it on, it fell down from my neck to my ankles in the shape of an upright pyramid.
It was decorated with candles, baubles and miniature christmas presents and on my head was a headband with an upright wire on top of which was a silver star. Many comedy actors look for opportunitues to increase the comedy with the aid of props and I thought that by nodding my head as if I was drunk, would add to the character that I was playing. The Director liked the idea and let me use it when we were filming the scenes. The episode was screened during the period leading up to Christmas 1994, so I do not expect many people now involved with "Casualty" will still remember that concussed character 19 years ago.
In a few days time I will be writing about my involvement in a specific comedy series where I was picked out to play a part in two scenes from the comedy show " Newman & Baddeil" in  1993.

No comments:

Post a Comment