Wednesday 4 September 2013

"WITCHCRAFT" 1991 : "EMMERDALE" 2001

5th September 1991 was my second day on the BBC TV drama "Witchcraft" which was on location in Gloucestershire. My day had begun at 3.30am and my 148 mile journey took me via Northampton, Banbury, Stowe on the Wold to the village of Aston Subedge. In those days before sat-navs, when you were reasonable close to the location you had to look out for a "unit sign", a temporary roadside arrow with a letter on it. For "Witchcraft" it was the letter W, but on the second morning I saw a unit sign with ED on it and further along the road was the sign for "Witchcraft". I was later informed that the ED sign was to the location for " The Mystery of Edwin Drood", a film that was released in 1993, that was being filmed near Chipping Camden which was very close to where our location was situated.
I recall on one of my 4 days on "Witchcraft that a couple of hikers who were walking in the area came across our set and said that they had lived in that area all their lives and did not realise that there was a village in the area. It did look very realistic and they were told that it was only a film set that had been specially constructed for the film.
Ten years later on 5th September 2001, I was again in Leeds for my 34th day on "Emmerdale". It was only two weeks ago that I was in Leeds for my 92nd day on the programme. I believe that I will be seen in an episode of "Emmerdale", in the Woolpack, either tonight (thursday) or tomorrow, sitting behind Bernice and Steve and Nicola and Jimmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment