Tuesday 10 September 2013

HOUSE OF ELLIOTT" 1991:"BRITTAS EMPIRE" 1996:"JUDGE JOHN DEED" 2001

On 10th September 1991, I had arrived in Bath for my first day of three in another episode of  "House of Elliott". The location was a large Victorian Ballroom in the centre of Bath. On this first day some of us were auditioned to be ballroom dancers and I was successful. We rehearsed the one-step and a waltz with a professional choreographer who put us through our paces throughout the morning and afternoon.
No filming was done on that day but on the following two days we were filmed performing both dances in separate scenes for that episode.
5 years later in 1996, I arrived at a Leisure complex in Ringwood near Bournemouth to be in an episode of "The Brittas Empire", a British sit-com about an incompetent manager of a leisure centre. The main role was played by Chris Barrie, who was famous for his role in "Red Dwarf".
The scene I was involved with involved him working on repairing a faulty roof and eventually falling off into a pile of manure in the car park of the leisure centre where I was playing the part of a member of the fitness centre. This popular series ran from 1991 to 1997.
5 more years later in 2001, I was in Bushey, Hertfordshire, near to Elstree Studios for an episode of " Judge John Deed", a BBC legal drama starring Martin Shaw, Jenny Seagrove and Donald Sinden.
The series ran from 2001 to 2007 and I was in an episode of series one.
The only thing that I can remember about that day was the catering. Martin Shaw is a vegetarian and our breakfast and lunch were all vegetarian options, even the pet dog of the director was given vegetarian food.
I was only involved in that one episode over those 7 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment