Monday 23 September 2013

"CASUALTY" 1994 - "HOLBY CITY" 2000 - "EMMERDALE" 2005

On the 22nd September 1994, I was in Bristol for my second day as a concussed man dressed in a fancy dress costume as a Christmas Tree in an episode of " Casualty" screened around the Christmas Period of that year. My head-wear was an elasticated headband with a wire star rising upwards which, when I nodded my head, swung in all directions to the amusement of all that saw it. That episode contained a motor=cyclist that had died in a road accident, a premature baby death, and various other unsavoury incidents. The following scenes would see me in the background, trying to operate a lift, staggering around the casualty reception area looking at Christmas cards and generally giving a humourous break from the intense story line.

On 22nd September 2000, I was at the BBC Elstree Studios to be in an episode of " Holby City", a spin-off series from "Casualty". I was playing the part of a patient in bed on one of the wards. This was my first day of four days within two weeks when I was involved in this episode.I was not very happy with the Director who was directing a young actress playing the part of a nurse. " He said to her " Can you just pause and look at the old man in the bed as you walk past?" I thought, ' Old Man? cheeky sod, I was only in my late 50's,
since those 4 days I have never accepted any further work on "Holby City".

On 22nd September 2005, 8 years ago, I was at the YTV Studios in Leeds for my 58th day on "Emmerdale".
 The crew, Directors, and Actors are all very friendly and it is a pleasure fro me to be able to continue to accept work on that programme. Other Supporting Artistes tell me that they experience the same friendly welcome themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment