Friday 18 October 2013

" ABOUT FACE" 1990; " EMMERDALE" 1999

On  18th October 1990, I was at the Albert Hall, Nottingham for my second day of filming episode 3 " Requiem" of the Central TV sit-com " About Face" starring Maureen Lipman.
I mentioned yesterday that I had auditioned to play the part of her husband in this episode but was unsuccessful.
In the scene that was being shot, I was sittin in the third row from the stage, behind some of the principal actors in that episode. Maureen Lipman's character, Anne is on stage singing an operatic solo and the seat in front of me is empty. When the song is over and the performance continues with the next item. Anne's husband, who has been to a Rotary Dinner arrives too late to see his wife's performance and he sits down in the vacant seat in front of me.

9 years later in 1999, I was in Leeds for my 23rd day on " Emmerdale
I watched last night's episode of that programme and was very impressed with the drama that was created by the characters who were performing in all of that water, those in the cellar scene and those getting absolutely drenched outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment