Friday 4 October 2013

"PEAK PRACTICE" 1996 - "HEARTBEAT" 1999

4th October 1996 was the day after I had been in Birmingham for " Crossroads" when I had arrived at a Hotel near Matlock to be in an episode of " Peak Practice".
The scene that I was in on that day was set in the ballroom of the hotel at a Dinner/Dance occasion.
Some of us  had been chosen to dance a Waltz whilst the other Supporting Artistes were sat at tables surrounding the dance floor. Michael Elphick and Neil Morrissey, playing the parts of Ken Boon and Rocky were the principal actors in the scene.
 The call time had been 7.30am and, as I had been called for 8.30am the previous day in Birmingham for "Crossroads" and not returned home until later that evening, I had only managed a few hours sleep before I was on the road again up into North Derbyshire.
The day on "Peak Practice" had been a longer day for me than the previous one had been and when the 2nd Assistant Director was about to call a "wrap", he aked for about 8 of us to remain for one more scene.
His excellent choice for retaining those 8 people was based on how far we had travelled to the venue.
As my one way journey had been almost 100 miles it meant that I was not needed to stay longer into the night. The 8 people that remained were those within the shortest distance from Matlock.

The 4th October 1999, was one of my most enjoyable days on "Heartbeat". I had arrived at the YTV studios in Leeds and had been taken by coach to Ripon in North Yorkshire for my first day of two on that episode. The scene was set in a dis-used Court House near to Ripon Cathedral and I was playing the role of a Magistrate. Jason Durr was in the leading role as the young policeman and Bill Maynard was in the dock playing the role of Greengrass. The actress playing the role of the chief witness was Sylvia Sims, who had starred with John Mills and Anthony Quaill in that excellent film " Ice Cold in Alex".
That episode of " Heartbeat" is still being occasionally repeated on British Television during their afternoon schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment