Wednesday 23 October 2013

" VOTE FOR THEM" 1988 - " DALZIEL & PASCOE" 1996

On 23rd October 1988, I was at the BBC Pebble Mill studios in Birmingham to be on my second day of the 3 part mini series of " Vote for them". My first day had been on 19th September on location at a railway station in Bridgenorth, Shropshire.
" Vote for them" was based on a true story, set in Egypt in 1943.during the period in which the British held off the Axis forces in the Middle East. Sick and tired of unfair and idiotic treatment by their officers, a group of off duty British soldiers set up their own ad-hoc government and debating society. The "brass" naturally sought out ways to nip it in the bud.
The series way first aired in 1989 and starred Billy Hartman, Jeff Rawle, Jane Gurnet and Claire Toeman.

On 23rd October 1996, I was in Redditch to be in my 4th episode of " Dalziel & Pascoe" starring Warren Clarke & Colin Buchanan. Between 1995 and 2001 I was in 14 episodes of that popular detective series.

No comments:

Post a Comment