Friday 11 October 2013

"PICNIC" 1987 - "CASUALTY" - " NATURAL WORLD" 1998

On the 11th October 1987, I had been booked to be a car driver, passing by a cyclist, in a BBC play called "Picnic". The scene was shot at night-time, by the River Nene at Wisbech, Cambridgeshire.
I was required to drive my own car past a lady cyclist, who was the main character, being played by Billie Whitelaw. My own car was being repaired at a local garage and my daughter's boy-friend offered to drive me to Wisbech and allow me to drive his car for the scene I was in. That day became a memorable date because earlier at lunchtime,my daughter and her boy-friend became engaged and the two of them spent a cold night on that riverbank in Wisbech, watching me driving up and down the road for numerous takes of that scene that was not completed until the early hours of the next morning.
On 11th October 1995, I was in Bristol again, for another episode of "Casualty", As I was in many episodes of that series, this was one of those times where I do not remember any significant details about that day.
Similarly on 11th October 1998, I was again in Bristol to film an episode of "Natural World". It was filmed in an old part of Bristol called Christmas Steps which was a very steep lane that led down o a small shopping mall. It was not about the Christmas period but all I can remember about that day was that we were under a rain machine and got soaked through to the skin. I was surprised to find that they did not provide any drying facilities and had expected us to take a change of clothing, a fact that I was never told. I had to drive home in a very damp state and was pleased that I did not catch a serious cold from that experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment