Thursday 17 October 2013

" ABOUT FACE" 1990; "PEAK PRACTICE" 1997; " EMMERDALE" 2000

On 17th October 1990, I was in Nottingham to be in a scene of the series " About Face" starring Maureen Lipman.
"About Face" was a series of 12 half-hour unconnected sit-coms by Central TV.
I had been called in to the Nottingham studios about a month previously, to audition for the part of Keith playing opposite Maureen Lipman. I was unsuccessful but was given two days as a supporting artiste on that episode.
It was episode 3 of series two called " Requiem" and about Anne, a shop assistant and amateur opera singer, who wants her husband Keith to come and see her perform solo, but he wants to attend a Rotary Lunch.
That episode was screened on 21st January 1991 and also starred Stephanie Cole. This was my first day of two on that episode filmed at the Albert Hall, Nottingham.

7 years later I was at the Iron Bridge on the River Severn in Shropshire for an episode of " Peak Practice" in 1997. The scene that I was in was filmed on the banks of the river, directly under the shadow of that magnificent Iron Bridge built by Thomas Telford in 1779 and opened in 1781.

Another 3 years later in 2000, I was in Leeds to be part of " Emmerdale", my 30th day of involvement on that show.
 I watched last night's episode( 16th October 2013), the siege of the Woolpack, what brilliant acting from everyone -  GREAT.


No comments:

Post a Comment