Wednesday 30 October 2013

" EMMERDALE" 1996

On 30th October 1996,  I arrived in Leeds for my fifth day on " Emmerdale". My first day had been on 14th June 1993, so, between that day and 27th September 2013, I have now been involved on 94 days over the twenty year period.
The first episode was screened on 16th October 1972, 41 years ago and known as " Emmerdale Farm" until 1989. 18 million viewers watched the episode on 30th December 1993 which was the dramatic plane crash episode. The Village name was then changed from Beckindale to Emmerdale to help villagers get over that traumatic event. I was invited to take part in that episode but was unable to accept due to being in my local hospital after an operation.
" Emmerdale" is produced by ITV Yorkshire and has been filmed at their Leeds studios since that first episode in 1972. It is ITV's second longest running soap opera after "Coronation Street", attracting on average between 6 and 8 million viewers per episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment