Tuesday 29 October 2013

" EASTENDERS" 2002- Little Mo Slater & Billy Mitchell Wedding

On 29th October 2002, I arrived at the BBC Eastenders Studios in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire.
We were taken by coach to a Church in North London where the scenes were to be shot for Mo Slater's Wedding to Billy Slater. As we arrived at the church, a large crowd had already started to grow as people heard about this " Eastenders" Wedding.
"Little Mo" was played by Kacey Ainsworth and Billy Mitchell by Perry Fenwick.
On screen , I can be seen on the left hand side of the church behind the Best Man, who was played by Shane Richie. This was Shane Richie's first day on " Eastenders" and this wedding scene was shown on Christmas Day 2002.
The Bridesmaids were wearing 6" heeled shoes, which were a new idea at that time and have now become extremely popular with fashion concious ladies.
The episode was directed by Chris Jury, who was famous for his role as Eric in " Lovejoy", but is now a BBC director.
I enjoyed my three days working on " Eastenders" between May 1st 1995 and 29th October 2002. Firstly playing a Walford Councillor, in a scene with Arthur Fowler, played by Bill Treacher, than as a Hospital visitor in a scene with Grant Mitchell, played by Ross Kemp and finally as a Wedding Guest in that Wedding scene with most of the entire cast.
I have just watched some of the scenes from the Wedding via the u-tube link and only recognised myself from my grey hair as I sat at the end of the Bridegroom's side of the aisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment