Saturday 26 October 2013

" EMMERDALE" 1995

The 26th October 1995 was only my 4th day on " Emmerdale". My first visit to Leeds for this program had been on 14th June 1993 which means that I have now been involved for over 20 years.
Originally we were taken on location to Esholt, which is a Yorkshire village near to the Leeds/Bradford Airport. If my memory serves me correctly the interior shots of the Woolpack were originally flmed in a converted Mill in Farsley, an area between Leeds and Bradford, north of Pudsey. A few years later this Mill was also used for the interior scenes of The Aidensfield Arms in " Heartbeat. I do have one vivid memory of going to the Mill and sitting myself down on a sofa in an area that had been used as a Supporting Artistes Green Room.
Two men came into the room and asked me what I was doing there. I replied that I was going to be in Heartbeat. They then told me that a different company had taken over that area of the Mill and that the Heartbeat staff were located elsewhere in the building. I then returned to the Reception area and discovered the new area that had been provided. These days " Emmerdale" is based within the Yorkshire TV studios, situated a few miles out of Leeds City centre. The location of the village is outside the city on a specially built set.

No comments:

Post a Comment