Sunday 20 October 2013

" BOON" 1986 - " EMMERDALE" 2009

On 20th October 1986, I was in Birmingham to be in my second episode of " Boon" starring Michael Elphick. We were taken from the Central Studios in Broad Street to the location in a street in Edgbaston.
The scene involved one of the main characters getting on a bus and I was a businessman, with a briefcase, running for the bus. The director called for quite a few takes of the scene and I was required to run about 50 yards each time ( I was a lot younger in those days). At one point, I had left my briefcase on the bus and the actress who was on the bus for that scene was Diane Keen, who had starred in the " Cuckoo Waltz" some years previously and is currently starring in " Doctors". She said " Who is REGC?" which were the initials on that briefcase, so that was the first time I met her. The second time would not be until 15 years later when I was in a scene with her in " Doctors" in an episode filmed outside the Repertory Theatre in Birmingham in 2001.

On 20th October 2009, I was on my 74th day in Leeds for my 130th episode in " Emmerdale". Sometimes, when I am on that series, I am involved in more than one episode. Usually, when I make that 276 mile round trip, I am involved in two or three episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment