Monday 5 August 2013

"BACK-UP"

There were two series made of a programme called "Back-up".
The first one, consisting of 8 episodes, was made in 1995 and the second series followed in 1997.
I was involved in an episode recorded on 6th August 1995. The programme reflected "Lives and action packed adventures of the nine men and women aboard a police Operational Support Unit van that was responsible for going anywhere and doing anything in support of operations carried out by the other branches of the West Midlands Police".
All I can recall of events that day is that I travelled to a location in Birmingham and that one of the Principal actors was Nick Miles, whose character was P.C. John "Thug" Barrett.
Nick Miles is currently playing the character of Jimmy King in "Emmerdale".

I am sorry that this mornings reflection is rather short but I remember some days better than others and tomorrow may be very similar when I recall the 7th August 1991, when I travelled to London by train and remember walking a long way from Sloane Square to Battersea Park via The Royal Hospital Chelsea, Chelsea Embankment and the Albert Bridge to be involved in an episode of "Poirot" with David Suchet.

No comments:

Post a Comment