Monday 26 August 2013

"DALZIEL & PASCOE" 1996 & 1998 : " THE WYVERN MYSTERIES" 1999

On 27th August 1996, I was in Birmingham once again to be in another episode of "Dalziel & Pascoe", starring Warren Clarke and Colin Buchanan.
I was first in the company of Warren Clarke in "Nice Work" when I spent 4 nights on location in Great Bridge, Birmingham and a day shoot at Birmingham University.
On on of my four night scenes I was in a smoke filled room with Warren Clarke, Hadyn Gwynn, John Forgeham and others. I was a member of the Board of Directors and I was directed to keep eye contact with John Forgeham, who was playing a very aggressive character. The look he was giving me was so fierce that I had to look away on the first take. The Director called for another take and I was told to keep eye contact with John as I was close up in the shot. The Assistant Director was William Hartley, who I was to work with many more times on " Dalziel & Pascoe" and "Dangerfield". Whenever I have been with him since that day, he has always introduced me to others by saying "Bobby was in that smoke-filled boardroom scene that we filmed for "Nice Work".
On 27th August 1998, I was again in Birmingham for another episode of " Dalziel & Pascoe". Between 1995 and 2004 I was involved in 16 days filming on that programme.
Exactly one year later on 27th August 1999 I was in Thame, near Oxford for a scene in the TV Film "The Wyvern Mysteries" starring Naomi Watts and Derek Jacobi.
The scene I was in began with a shot of a ripe cornfield and as the camera panned back, t revealed an eerie scene of us walking out from within the cornfield in period costume. This Gothic film was released in 2000 and received a two star rating from IMDb.

No comments:

Post a Comment