Monday 12 August 2013

"LOVEJOY" 1985 - "OUTSIDE EDGE" 1993 - "PICKING UP THE PIECES" 1998 - EASTENDERS 2002

The 13th August 1993 was my 5th and final day on "Outside Edge", which I have mentioned in detail in my previous accounts.

The 13th August 1998 was a day that I travelled to Nottingham to be  in an episode of " Picking up the Pieces", a series of stories about a Paramedic team involved in life or death cases.
Other than that, I cannot recall anything memorable about that day's filming.

I can, however, recall in more detail the 12th August 1995, it was my first day of being involved in "Lovejoy", that very popular series about a dodgy antiques dealer starring Ian McShane.
I was in three episodes in 1985, one in 1990, one in 1991, three in 1992 and one in 1993.
On that first day in 1985, we were filming in a street in Newmarket and on arrival it was breakfast time. I was aware that someone was behind me and turned around to see that it was Dudley Sutton who played the part of "Tinker Dill".
I had never met him before and only seen him in various films playing the part of a young thug.
However, on that morning he directed me to where I could eat my breakfast in a more comfortable area and from that day I found him to be a very polite and helpful person.
It was  really enjoyable in those days to be filming in and around the picturesque towns and villages of Suffolk with a great cast including Ian McShane, Dudley Sutton, Phyllis Logan, Chris Jury and Malcolm Tierney. I was sad to see the end of that programme but actors are always looking for other parts to play rather than getting type cast as a certain character.
I was in 8 more episodes during those 8 years and I enjoyed being in every one of them.
The next time that I was to see Chris Jury was on 29th October 2002 when he was the Director on an episode of "Eastenders", when I was one of the Wedding Guests at the Wedding of Little Mo to Billy.
I had previously played a Councillor in a scene with Bill Treacher ( Arthur Fowler) and a second episode as a hospital patient with Ross Kemp and Martine McCutcheon.

No comments:

Post a Comment