Sunday 11 August 2013

"OUTSIDE EDGE" 1993 day 4 & "BORN TO RUN" 1996 day 1

12th August 1993 and I again arrived at the Central Telwevision Studios in Lenton Lane, Nottingham to be taken to Thrumpton cricket ground for my fourth days involvement in the comedy series "Outside Edge".
The experience of being in  the company of such fine actors and actresses was invaluable as well as being very enjoyable.

On 12th August 1996, I was a lot further north as I arrived in Manchester to be part of  a 6 week series called "Born to Run", a true story about a female marathon runner.
This was to be  my first day of only two where our location was beside part of the Manchester ship canal in the middle of the city.
My second day was to be 6 days later on 18th August, when our location was outside a large house in the very affluent part of Wilmslow.
My involvement on that first day was not very busy for me and I remember having the time to walk along the edge of the canal, under roads and railways and taking in that busy city atmosphere.
I see from the credits that my old friend, Mike Eastman, played the part of a mechanic in four of those episodes. I have been on set with him many times over the past few years but did not realise that he had such an extensive IMDb listing. Mine is currently only one entry for my part of a Boxing MC/Referee in episode 23, "Taking Sides", of "Casualty" in 1997.
I will be writing about this experience on 11th December,which will then have been 26 years since that filming day.
You may ask yourselves "Why hasn't he been offered any other small parts since then?", but, as I keep saying, "That's Show Business".

No comments:

Post a Comment