Tuesday 20 August 2013

"GROWING RICH" 1991 - "HEARTBEAT" 1998

On August 21st 1991, I was in Chatteris in Cambridgeshire to be in a programme called "Growing Rich", a comedy drama written by Fay Weldon about 3 young women ho dream of escaping their dull existance and how their lives are all changed by  mysterious driver.

On August 21st 1998, I was already in a hotel in Headingley, Leeds, having been in an episode of  "Emmerdale" the day before and stopping over to be in "Heartbeat" for the fourth time.
I believe this episode was one where I played the part of a Magistrate, which was filmed in an old court house near the Cathedral in Ripon. The episode has been repeated many times over the past few years and quite a few people have told me that they have recognised me sitting on the bench facing Sylvia Sims who was playing a part in that scene, with Bill Maynard in the dock.

I am writing this earlier than usual because I need to be back up at the YTV studios in Leeds tomorrow morning at 7.30 am. for another episode or two of  " Emmerdale" in the Woolpack.
For obvious reasons it is not possible for me to say what we will be recording at this point in time/

No comments:

Post a Comment