Tuesday 6 August 2013

"POIROT" 1991

On 7th August 1991, 22 years ago, I travelled to London by train and then by Underground to Sloane Square. I then walked from Sloane Square to Battersea Park via the Royal Chelsea Hospital, Chelsea Embankment and the Albert Bridge. I was glad that I had given myself plenty of time to enable me to be at the location in time for my "call time" for an episode of "Poirot" starring David Suchet.
The scene was shot near to a couple of fairground stalls situated near to the Pagoda.
My recollection of this day is overshadowed by the memory of that trek to and from Battersea Park from Sloane Square which must have taken me an hour each way at least.
There may be times like this during the next few weeks when my memory of events on those filming days desert me.
Tomorrow I will have more detail about the TV series "Broke" in 1990 with Timothy Spall and Larry Lamb and also "Sweet Medicine" in 2003 with Patricia Hodge and Jason Merells ( who is currently playing Declan Macey in Emmerdale).

No comments:

Post a Comment