Monday 19 August 2013

"THE SINS" 2000 - "HEARTBEAT" 1995 - "EMMERDALE" 1998

On the 20th August 1995, I was again in Leeds for my 3rd episode of Heartbeat.
I have previously mentioned that my introduction to Yorkshire TV was through Bill Maynard but I am not too sure if it was on this day that I was in a scene with Bill and Derek Fawldes in a hospital ward that was filmed in Otley. Bill had been joking and playing the comedian all morning with quite a bit of swearing involved and when we broke for lunch I approached him to thank him for giving me the contact details for the programme. He then exclaimed " Good God, you're the boxing M.C. " , or words similar to that expression, but after lunch on our return to the set he was a lot more sedate, I don't think that it was anything to do with me being there because he did not appear to be too concerned what he said in anyone's company.  
Similarly on 20th August 1998, I was at  the YTV studios for my 18th episode of Emmerdale and with having now been to Leeds on numerous occasions, only a few days remain strong in my memory other than the most recent ones over the past three months.

On 20th August 2000, I was on location in Greenwich to be in a scene in an episode of " The Sins" starring Pete Postlethwaite. At lunch time I approached him and asked him if he enjoyed playing the part of Danny in "Brassed Off". He then said that he had noticed me on set and thought that my face was familiar. I told him that I had spent two days standing behind him in the scene where he refuses to accept the Cup at the Albert Hall where I was playing the part of one of the judges with Ronnie Stevens. I had also been with him in the late 1980's in a programme called "Tales of Sherwood Forest". This scene can be viewed by typing in "Brassed Off", Danny's speech" on google where I am the judge standing on the far left of the shot.
Danny's speech was taken in one shot and no one other than the Director had seen Pete rehearsing the words. When we went  straight into the recording the Director wanted everyone's expressions to be of genuine surprise and Pete's delivery of that speech was extremely emotional and moving. What a great actor he was.


No comments:

Post a Comment