Friday 9 August 2013

"OUTSIDE EDGE" day 2 - 1993 & "SILENT WITNESS" day 1 - 1995

Yesterday I recounted the story of my involvement in "Outside Edge" when I played the part of an umpire in one of the episodes. The 10th August 1993 was day 2 of my involvement and the journey from home to the studio in Nottingham was only 54 miles but took well over an hour on a twisty road through Leicestershire and South Nottinghamshire. We were again taken out to the cricket ground in Thrumpton and continued filming different scenes of the episode which was constantly being disrupted by rain.

On 10th August 1995 I arrived for the first of my two days on location in Cambridge for an episode of "Silent Witness" starring the attractive Amanda Burton. This episode was one of the last ones where Amanda was involved but other than that I cannot recall much else about those two days.
I remember being in an earlier episode which was filmed in a high rise block of office flats overlooking the Houses of Parliament in Westminster and when we were not filming I would go up to the next floor to enjoy the magnificent view of that part of London.
 I regret that my recollection of both these days has failed me again but  there does not appear to have been any incidents that have left a lasting impression on me.
Tomorrow, relating 11th August 1993, my third day on "Outside Edge" and 1995 my second day on "Silent Witness" in Cambridge may turn out to be one of my less interesting stories to relate to you. I wish I could recall most of the events from every day over the past 28 years of filming but I hope that you find most of my items interesting and amusing.
"There's no Business like Show Business".

No comments:

Post a Comment